ANSYS optiSLang software overview CAE Modeling:
ANSYS optiSLang optimizes your product designs by combining the powerful parametric modeling capabilities of ANSYS Workbench with optiSLang’s powerful design optimization (RDO) methods. The optiSLang toolbox includes modules for sensitivity analysis, optimization, and strength assessment that you can easily drag and drop into a Workbench project to form an interactive process sequence. This workflow allows your engineering teams to improve product performance, identify optimization potential, quantify risks, and ensure resource efficiency.
Features ANSYS optiSLang
- ANSYS optiSLang has an intuitive graphical user interface that allows you to connect computer-aided design tools together in a way that captures both workflow and automation, such as degree analysis. responsive or robust design optimization.
- ANSYS optiSLang supports communication with most software tools used in virtual product development. Some tools are fully integrated, others can be linked via a text-based interface or custom integrations. You can extract the resulting curves using the Mining Toolkit (ETK) from tools like ANSYS, Abaqus, Adams, and others.
- Once a simulation and / or workflow is established, best practice knowledge is captured and can be shared. Geometry can be replaced and other workflows added or adjusted.
Design and data exploration
- Understand your design or your product data using full interactive visualization and post-processing tools powered by powerful DOE and statistical analysis algorithms. Knowing how performance relates to input design and operating parameters is key to simulation-based product development and is a solid foundation for innovation and competitive advantage.
- ANSYS optiSLang provides an automated process flow that reduces variables and creates the best possible response surface for each response to several solver calls.
Discount invoice model
- ANSYS optiSLang builds metadata based on simulation or test results. The metamodel is essentially a surrogate, learning how to react to inputs in the same way a simulation or real system responds, but with a quick response. Running a simulation to predict a given design configuration can take hours or days, but running a model in reduced order will give answers in a fraction of a second. These metadata can be used for powerful design optimization or analysis, or exported for use as ROMs in a system simulation.
- ANSYS optiSLang algorithms perform three important tasks. First, they define the parameter subspace involved, potentially reducing the size of the problem and the number of design points required to understand it. They then developed the optimal prognostic metamodel (MOP). Finally, optiSlang checks the predictive quality of the metamodel (CoP) using cross validation and other methods. Predictive accuracy is critical to the value of the reduced order models.
Automatic design optimization
- Starting from the previous simulation steps, optiSLang was aware of the most suitable parameters and was able to perform pre-optimization on the metamodel to determine global optimizations. They can also provide user guidance (decision trees) to suggest problem-specific settings.
- The available algorithms include Evolution and Gradient-based algorithms, as well as Pareto Optimization, Adaptive Reaction Surface, and Global Reaction Technology. All algorithms come with strong default settings.
- Models can be calibrated to match the test data with the simulation results. Software can match scalar values or signals and can also determine the most suitable parameters for correction.
Robust and reliable design
- Evaluate a design’s reliability and perform powerful design optimization (RDO) with easy-to-use wizards powered by industry-leading algorithms.
- A strong rating is a powerful procedure for verifying design quality. It starts with optimized Hypercube Latin Sampling and provides proof of reliability with best-in-class algorithms while testing over limits and probabilities.
- Similar to other optiSLang capabilities, it also identifies the most important scattering variables and provides a decision tree to help you choose the best strength algorithms for your specific situation.
Easy access from ANSYS Workbench
- From ANSYS Workbench, you can easily access optiSLang with drag and drop functionality – you just need to set the space and variation target. Then, supported by powerful algorithms, ANSYS optiSLang automatically determines the metadata of the optimal prognosis. The user-friendly project setup wizard identifies appropriate methods for optimization.
- The technology includes options for parallel computation with ANSYS Remote Solve Manager and supports the use of ANSYS HPC Parametric Pack license for a concurrent, affordable solution of multiple design points.