Overview of software Better File Rename Rename files:
Better File Rename is the most comprehensive file renaming software with a lot of functions to process, rename files, add, delete, insert and replace characters … Better File Rename is considered a powerful utility. industry fast, flexible, reliable and easy to use. That’s why since 1999, thousands of hobbyists, professionals, and businesses depend on Better File Renaming to organize and maintain their files.
Better File Rename – Rename the file
Better File Rename allows you to exploit the ID3 meta data embedded in most music files to create unique naming schemes for their music collection. Supports metadata information from MP3, M4P, MP4, M4A and iTunes music archives.
Professional workflow support.
Besides, the software provides regular expression replacement support. This advanced string manipulation technique has been popularized by the UNIX and PERL experts. Definitely not for the faint of heart, regular expressions are nonetheless a great tool for finding, replacing and swapping paragraphs.
Features of Better File Rename
Comprehensive renaming options
- add, delete, insert and replace characters and text
- add, format, change and insert sequence numbers, create a list of numbers
- add file date and time to start and end, rename to date
- replace file and folder extensions
- create upper case, lower case, title case or sentence case
- creating space-saving alphabet strings
- truncate, remove vowels, invert, permutation
- and more.
Work in the way that works best for you
- You can use Better File Rename as a standalone app that drag and drop files onto its app icon or directly into the preview window.
- Alternatively, you can use it directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking on the files and selecting the menu item “Rename better files …”.
- Instant previews eliminate guesswork and errors
- See the results of rename options as you enter or change parameters.
- Instant previews help you find the right settings and avoid costly mistakes.
Batch processing options
- Separate processing for file names and file extensions
- Handles files, folders and subfolders
- Choose to confirm each file name or batch process them automatically
Combine many renaming steps
- You can combine several rename actions into one multi-step rename. This allows you to perform even the most complex batch renaming jobs in one run.
- Better file renaming lets you create as many steps of renaming as required, and lets you edit and rearrange them as you like.
Update content of Better File Rename 6.17:
The new release fixes an issue that affects reading EXIF tags from files with names that include non-English characters.