DtSearch Desktop software overview Find files on your computer:
DtSearch Desktop is software that provides instant search of files that can be accessed on the desktop. dtSearch can instantly search for terabytes of text because it builds a search index that stores the locations of words in the document. Indexing is easy – just select folders or entire drives for indexing, and dtSearch does the rest. Once dtSearch has created an index, it can automatically update it with the Windows Task Scheduler to reflect additions, deletions, and modifications to your document collection. Updating an index is even faster, as dtSearch will check each file and only reindex files have been added or changed.
The dtSearch indexer automatically recognizes and supports all popular file formats and never changes the original files. The dtSearch product line can instantly search for terabytes of text on a desktop, network, Internet or Intranet web page. DtSearch’s products also serve as tools for publishing, with instant text search, large document collections for web pages or CD / DVD.
DtSearch Desktop Features:
- Scrolling word list, for instant feedback as you type searches.
- A word search feature, detailed effects of fuzzy search options, phonemes, wildcard, root and thesaurus.
- Browse and customize synonym dictionary options.
- Field button, showing all indexed document fields.
- Show search history.
- Search reports, shows hits in retrieved documents, along with the number of contexts required.
- Clipboard options, file launch and other tools for working with the retrieved data.
- Export search results in different data formats, for ease of use with other programs.
- Special forensic search and indexing engine.
Update to add DtSearch Desktop version 7.94.8602 (March 11, 2019): Upgrade to some new features and fix a few minor system errors.
DtSearch Desktop update content 7.95.8632:
The official website did not provide any information about the changes in this version.