Pixologic ZBrush software overview 3D texture sculpting:
Pixologic ZBrush 2021 is a digital sculpting tool that combines 3D / 2.5D modeling, texture and painting. This release adds the non-phaticealistic rendering engine, new alpha modeling functionality, universal cameras, support for folders, and an update to the ZRemeher regression system.
ZBrush is used to create high-resolution models (that can reach over 40 million polygons) for use in movies, games, and animation, by companies from ILM and Weta Digital to Epic Games and Electronic Arts . ZBrush 2020 uses dynamic resolution levels to allow sculptors to make global or local changes to their models. ZBrush is best known for being able to sculpt mid to high frequency details traditionally drawn on maps. The resulting grid details can then be exported as a regular map used on a low poly version of the same model.
Pixologic ZBrush 2019
Features of Pixologic ZBrush
- First previewed at last year’s ZBrush Summit, the Directory feature was the fulfillment of one of the most common feature requests from our users. In ZBrush 2019, however, this isn’t just one way to organize your SubTools. A variety of actions can be performed at the directory level, affecting all the SubTools found in. Examples include performing fast 3D conversions or Live Boolean operations.
- Also previewed at the ZBrush Summit, this new camera system simulates a real-world camera complete with settings for Focus, Crop Factor, and more. This allows your ZBrush scene to perfectly match any other application or to mirror an imported photo (or render). It supports undo / redo camera movements and settings can be stored for instant recall at any time.
Non-optical rendering (NPR)
- This new series of tools create a sketch style that recreates 2D feel and drawings of the hand. With the ability to add overlapping textures, apply a split paper style, draw dark borders around a 3D model or apply some presets, the new NPR system opens up a world of artistic possibilities. – whether you’re conceptualizing, sculpting, or preparing a final render.
– SpotLight v2.0 – Snapshot3D
- SpotLight v2.0 includes all the powerful projection mapping and PolyPaint features you are used to. It also allows to convert any grayscale (alpha) image into a 3D model. Source images can be modified in SpotLight or even combined via Boolean-style addition or subtraction to create even more complex 3D shapes. Models generated by this system can serve as a basis for sculpting or even be used with the Live Boolean system to create intricate works of art.
– ZRemeher v3.0
- The exclusive ZRemeher automated toolkit has been a key ingredient in the modern ZBrush artist workflow. Now it goes to the next level with ZRemeher v3.0. Advanced systems can maintain wrinkled edges and automatically detect sharp surface angles, ideal for mechanical models. The result is also that the final polygon count is more efficient … all while actually increasing the speed!
– Intersection Mask
- The Intersection Masker plugin (included in all ZBrush 2019 installations) allows you to create masks in which geometry inverses intersect on selected SubTool. It’s the perfect solution for creating complex masks with just a few clicks.