Software overview SpeedTree Modeler Cinema Edition Create 3D plant models:
SpeedTree Modeler Cinema Edition is a 3D plant and tree modeling software with top-of-the-line features. SpeedTree Cinema 8 is the latest version of our award-winning 3D plant modeling software. Previously, Studio, Architect and Cinema, SpeedTree for VFX is now available with all the top features or modelers.
Features and characteristics SpeedTree Modeler Cinema Edition
- PBR Materials and Workflow- Full PBR rendering in the SpeedTree Modeler as well as new editing tools for materials allow artists to fine tune their models before exporting into your DCC.
- Branch Extensions- Use child branches to extend their parents, providing greater control and smoother transitions to twigs.
- Phyllotaxy Generation Algorithm– New generation algorithm based on how leaves naturally grow on branches.
- Mesh Cutout System- Easily cut meshes to the shape of your leaf or cluster using our new mesh editor.
- Spine Noise– New property applies late or early noise along the length of the branch or trunk.
- Bifurcation Generation Algorithm- New generation algorithm automatically adds new child branches to create natural organic branch structures incredibly quickly.
- Leaf Collision- New background running, polygon-accurate tool to automatically remove intersecting leaves or clusters.
- Knot Generator- Completely reimagined approach for creating more interesting geometry for knots allows for more interesting gashes, knots, and scars.
- Material Sets- Materials can be grouped into sets to allow edits across multiple leaf types or bark textures.
- Discrete Season Approach- One .SPM model now uses a season curve to create unique trees at any point in the year.
- Faster AO Computation– New algorithm computes per-vertex AO on complex models in a fraction of the time.
- Interval Generation Algorithm- New algorithm that places branches in a set interval.
- Aspect Ratio Correct Mapping- Use a new UV mapping style to automatically tile textures based on their aspect ratio and that of the underlying geometry.
- Knockout and Pruning- Procedural tools for eliminating clutter, especially interior portions of the model.
- New Split feature- Split trunks and/or branches and extend them with new generators for fine control and seamless UV mapping.
- Shape Control- Automatically fill in meshes or procedurally placed spheres with branch structures to achieve complex shapes.
- Pruning- Automatically and intelligently reduce the number of branches across the tree.
- Decoration Generators- New “Fin” generator allows the addition of more shelf fungus and more.
- Material variance- Randomly adjust material colors to create subtle map variations.
- Built-in Spine Forces- Commonly used forces like gravity are built in to the new branch generator.
- Shell Geometry- Create more interesting trunks or stumps with the new Shell Geometry generator.
- Art Director Tool- Allows intuitive shaping of the tree, whether shaping entire branch levels or a single twig.