VariCAD Software Overview 3D / 2D CAD Software:
VariCAD is 2D and 3D CAD software primarily for mechanical engineering design that helps you evaluate and modify models. VariCAD offers a great performance-to-price ratio, making it one of the smartest options on the market today.
VariCAD provides a library of basic 3D shapes (like boxes, cylinders, cones, etc.), which can be easily modified by editing their dimensions. Solids can also be created by profile rotation, extrusion or loft. More complex tools include rotating blending between two profiles, stacking between circles and rectangles or between different profiles, and creating a spiral surface.
VariCAD – 3D / 2D CAD software for engineering industry
Although you can freely transform solids or their parts, you can arbitrarily define the geometrical constraints. Once defined, constraints allow you to “paste” the object at the specified location. More precisely, you can remove the degree of freedom of bound objects. If other objects are changed or transformed, the bound object automatically changes its position. For example, if you limit one groove to the end of the shaft and the shaft length is changed, the groove retains a constant distance from the end edge. Constraints can be specified between elements of a solid, in the whole solids, or in a 2D configuration that produces a solid.
VariCAD also provides tools to assist with assembly. If the link between part and assembly is defined, any changes made to the part file are reflected in the assembly file and vice versa. Linked copies of solids can also be identified (known as identical solids). In such case, editing an object causes updating all of its identical copies. Solid groups can also be defined, making selection and visibility simple changes for multiple objects.
Features of VariCAD
- VariCAD’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been designed to allow fast and intuitive 3D / 2D orientation.
- Easily create 3D models
- VariCAD provides a library of basic 3D shapes (like boxes, cylinders, cones, etc.)
- VariCAD also provides tools to assist with assembly.
- VariCAD can calculate 2D part area, surface area, mass, mass, center of gravity and moment of inertia.
- VariCAD is also able to create developed (non-existing) surfaces of 3D solid objects or sheet metal parts.
- 3D models are easily converted into 2D drawings to create conventional sketch documents.
- VariCAD provides tools to maintain the data structure of products.
- VariCAD can exchange files with other CAD systems. You can export STEP (3D), STL (3D), IGES (3D), DWG (2D), DXF (2D) files and import STEP (3D), DWG (2D), DXF (2D) files.
- Can convert each file or convert in batch easily
- And there are many other features to support technicians